Hurricane doors or impact doors offer more protection to your family against wind force within a standard door frame. Designed to protect the structure, including what’s is inside from impact. Hurricane doors are constructed within strict specifications and they undergo testing. The differences between regular doors and impact doors are simple, you may not know the many benefits of having extra protection from impact doors.
There are other questions people commonly ask about the differences between standard front doors, and impact doors. You do not have to wait to ask those questions about hurricane doors, and their unique ability to absorb heavy impact without giving in. Cricket Pavers’ qualified staff can help you choose which are the most wind, and impact-resistant types of hurricane doors. If you want to take on the project yourself – that’s ok! However, if you want step-by-step instructions, or if you just need a little help, pick up the phone, and talk to a professional.
Comparing Conventional Doors Versus Impact Doors
Before you get started with the installation process, you need to understand the basic differences between conventional doors and impact doors. Here is a short side-by-side comparison to help get you started.
- Constructed of two steel skins (facings), and an insulating filler.
- May include a solid, woodblock, handle, and lock attachment for security.
- Made of wood, or aluminum.
- Designed for people in areas impacted by tropical storms, and hurricanes that require a higher level of protection.
- Rigorously tested under intense conditions, including swirling winds like that of a hurricane.
- Made of sturdy materials that have been tested, and approved to withstand severe weather.
- Made of ultra-thick fiberglass skins, reinforced with wood, and composite.
- Specialized polyurethane foam core to protect your family, and friends in the event of a severe storm.
- Reinforced hinges, and door frames to ensure stability.
Are Impact Doors Right for Me?
Typically, this type of door is able to provide added security, and the peace of mind you need if you are living in an area prone to hurricanes. Made out of some of the most durable materials, each impact door is tested, and approved so you can be sure they are able to withstand severe weather. The types of doors include fiberglass, wood, and composite. Able to stand up to the most intense winds, and impact testing, hurricane doors offer benefits to everyone. So, if you are considering installing impact doors as a DIY project… go for it!
Impact doors are recommended for people who have a house located in an area where hurricanes and violent storms are common. However, these ultra-sturdy doors are versatile enough to offer your family protection from home invasions, and other heavy blows. You cannot trust a regular door to stand up to wind, and unpredictable weather, but you can count on the strength of an impact door to offer these benefits and more.
Benefits of Impact Doors
- Hurricane storms
- Intense wind
- Blunt force, impact from home invasions
- Reduced energy consumption
- Limited outdoor noise
- Less exposure to UV rays
- Insurance savings, and discounts
- Available in a range of styles
- Higher home value
Impact doors work in a number of ways to protect the structure and the people inside. If you are ready to upgrade your entryway, consider an impact door. Cricket Pavers offers step-by-step support so you can find the right color, style, and material for you. If you desire a unique look, decorative glass inserts are available on impact-rated doors that will take a blow without cracking. This specialty glass allows people to look outside, offering even more protection from intruders, and storms for an unmatched level of safety.